For Chinese households the most common rolling pins are the “straight” types, which prove most handy for rolling out the doughs of Chinese stuffed dumpling (jiaozi, baozi, wonton etc) and homemade noodles. It is also used in making quiche, tart, pie crust and many other western foods.
This product comes in one size only (30cm long) which can meet the most needs in home kitchens. It is also part of our jiaozi-making set, frequently bought together with jiaozi filling spreader and wooden tray.
How to use it?
- Compared to the baker's rolling pin with handles at both ends, when using the straight rolling pin, you need to use your palm(s) to press down the middle part of the pin as you roll it. Check out how to roll out the wrap of stuffed dumpling.
- Other uses include crushing nuts and spices, and breaking up bagged ice.
- Elegant reddish color and texture thanks to the specialty of African Sapele wood, a hardwood reminiscent of mahogany. Smooth and sleek. Warm and comfortable to hold in hands.
- Can become non-stick if practicing the following routine in the first weeks. Before use, first clean with a wet wipe and then apply a thin layer of cooking oil to the surface. Repeat for 2-3 times after the oil is absorbed.
- Material: 100% African Sapele wood
- Size: L30cm X W25.7cm
How to take care of it:
- To maintain the non-stick surface, simply wipe down with cloth after use. Soaking in water, washing often or lengthily is not recommended.
- Not for the dishwasher.