Now you can enjoy the traditional Japanese tea ceremony at home! To make an authentic cup of Japanese matcha (powdered green tea), this set is all that you need. Just sit back and practice the tea-making rituals with the fine utensils. The sense of ceremony makes you relax and brings you the inner peace.
With durable quality and delicate boxing, the 4-in-1 kit is not only the best choice for matcha lovers, but also a perfect gift for friends and family.
- whisk and scoop: made from 100% natural bamboo with faint bamboo fragrance.
- whisk holder: ceramic
- bowl: ceramic with flambé glaze (pink or black)
- bowl: φ12.7cm, 7cm tall, capacity 580ml
- whisk: φ6.5cm, 11.2cm tall
- scoop: 18cm long
- whisk holder: φ6.5cm, 7cm tall
How to use it:
- Bring water to boil. Remove from heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Soak the bamboo whisk (chasen茶筅) in hot water for 20-30 seconds to soften the bristles.
- Use scoop (chashaku茶杓) to transfer matcha powder into the bowl. Slowly pour in the hot water to brew.
- Stir with whisk in an “M” and “W” direction, back and forth until foamy bubbles form on top. You may add milk or other flavors as you like.
After the ceremony…
Rinse the whisk and let it air dry by placing it onto the whisk holder. The holder also helps the bamboo bristles maintain normal shape to prevent premature damage.
Did you know…?
Japanese tea ceremony (aka. chadō 茶道, lit., "The Way of Tea") is a Japanese cultural ritual involving the preparation and presentation of matcha (抹茶), powdered green tea. Buddhism, particularly the Zen (Chan禅) Buddhist school has a strong influence in the development of the Japanese tea. Chadō is counted as one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement, along with kōdō for incense appreciation, and kadō (ikebana) for flower arrangement.