Red envelope or a red packet (红包hóngbāo) is packed cash money given as a gift during Chinese new year or special occasions such as weddings, graduation or the birth of a baby. It is also used to decorate kumquat trees, wishing for fortune and wealth.
The symbol "囍" means "Double Happiness", it is a symbol of marriage, we use it on the weddings or wedding anniversary.
This product is compatible with bills of all sizes, being it Euro, Hungarian forint, US dollars, or other common currencies. Suitable for all gifting occasions.
- Horizontal envelope.
- Material: silk satin
- Desing: " 囍" (Double Happiness), it is use at weddings or wedding anniversary.
- Size: 18.5x10.8cm
Did you know...?
- The amount of money contained in the envelope usually ends with an even digit, and number 4 should not appear in the amount, being 40, 400, or 24.
- New crispy bills are prefered than old dirty bills.
- During the lunar new year, red envelope is called 压岁钱 (yāsuì qián) meaning "money warding off evil spirits". It is usually given out to the younger generation who are normally still in school, unmarried, or unemployed.
- At wedding banquets, giving a red envelope is usually intended to cover the cost of the attendees as well as signify goodwill to the newlyweds.